Thursday, February 14, 2013

Google Can't Be Trusted With Your Personal Information, Either


Now, we learn that Google can't be trusted with your private information, either. When you buy through Google Play, vendors get personal information with which to target you with attention you had no desire to invite. This is interesting in light of Google's prior explanation that of course it won't disappoint users with its privacy practices, or they'd refuse to use Google.

This seems to continue a negative trend.  Recently I wrote about Google apparently misusing my credit card info, then offering no way at all to ascertain why it was making charges to my credit card. Unable to get relief from Google, I had to tell my credit card company to deny all transactions from Google in the future.

So much for Don't Be Evil.

No comments: