Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back in Houston

Houston is up and running. Tens of thousands still struggle without power, but I have seen utility vehicles from as far away as Connecticut working all day restoring utilities. Every day more get power.

The Mayor has decided that the city's landfills don't need to hold tons upon tons of trees, and has started buying wood chippers for the city. The city will have use of wood chips in the parks, and there may be commercial customers. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

I have no Internet connection. Actually, for the price of a Value Meal, I can use a connection at Chick Fil A while I guzzle lemonade (I'm still not sure about the water quality).

I have pics, and more notes on both the evacuation and the vehicle and the food and the iced tea, but these will have to wait until I have a steady connection at home.

More later!

No comments: