Tuesday, June 24, 2008

AdSenseless

The first post on this blog was a lengthy assault on the quality of Mercedes' modern products, including the suggestion that the superiority of Japanese product reliability ratings is understated, because Mercedes survey respondents' experiences are so bad that they are unwilling to catalog the whole nightmare for survey-takers.

So ... WHY DOES GOOGLE PUT MERCEDES ADS ON THIS BLOG??

Given that Google is now willing to accept auction bids on trademarked terms, I'd have thought that ads for Lexus would be appearing where articles discussed (and dissed) the Benz. It's not like Google gets paid by advertisers for impressions; it gets paid for clicks. If my post on the recent Mercedes products has had any impact, it'd be to reduce clicks on Mercedes ads.

Incidentally, I've personally stopped four Mercedes sales by answering questions truthfully about my own experience with the car-of-the-month club operated by Greenway Mercedez-Benz. The salesfolks there get kinda testy when I ask whether the things I hate about the car have been fixed, suggesting strongly that they haven't. Deep down, I love Mercedes, which is why I'm so hard on them. Until they shape up, don't reward them.

Effective discipline requires consistency!

No comments: